Luminos River Valley and Forest

This area contains the fertile valley of the Luminos River to the south of the Central Valley, and the vast desert area bordering on the south that was once part of the Narna Desert and the Bad Lands in old Locura. In the world split the abandoned ruins of the medieval city of Lumiere were moved from their location at the head of the river to a place on a side branch of the Luminos near where the river, mountains, and desert come together. Subsequent events led to the rebuilding of this city under the Konstroda and renaming it “Hydrobess”. Other ruins from “the Land” of old Locura may also exist in the area but are in far worse condition than Lumiere, and have not yet been unearthed. Near the head waters of the Luminos River is the hidden elven village of Aldeon.
Mamma Peach
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Luminos River Valley and Forest

Post by Mamma Peach »

"Do you believe then that we actually are your God's creation, and not just a combination of accident and the creation of 'superior' biological beings? Is he our Maker? Does he even care about saving us?" she said as the fire began to blaze. "If that is so, why does he send you to the humans but not to us?"
ImageImage
Pappa Peach

Post by Pappa Peach »

Tom said, "The apostle Paul was sent to specific groups at specific time, the Bible says. I am sent to humans right now to preach the gospel of salvation to them. Maybe someone will come after me to specifically preach to you too. I can only do what God wants me to do and trust that he will work out every thing else according to His loving nature."
Mamma Peach
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Mamma Peach »

"I don't know what 'preaching' or the 'apostle Paul' is, but I gather my questions will go unanswered," she sighed handing him some dried dear meat. "Anyway, if you want to get to the humans in the north you must either go north through the forest, then the desert, and finally across the mountains; or you can travel west down the river to the ocean and follow the coast around the mountains and then east to the town... Midtown is there I believe. Either way you will need tools and supplies for it is a long journey for those who can not fly. I guess I can help you with what you need... Of course what you need will depend on which way you want to go."
ImageImage
Pappa Peach

Post by Pappa Peach »

Thank you for the help. I will go the forest way like you suggested. I love to explore and also God will teach me along the way.
Mamma Peach
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Mamma Peach »

"Father Captain wants us to be kind to biologicals... and considering the murders we committed we have much to make up for... so it is no problem for me to help you," she said as she began packing dried meat and some simple tools - a small shovel, a hand ax, a large knife, flint and steel for making fire, a piece of canvas and a few furs, a long rope, and a water skin to hold drinking water - into a pack for Tom. She also fastened a bow and a quiver of arrows on the pack for his use.
ImageImage
Pappa Peach

Post by Pappa Peach »

Thank you for your help! I am going to leave to go though the forest now. I will be traveling at about 1o miles per day and hope to get some time to talk to our Lord Jesus Christ in prayer as well as do some hunting fishing and berry picking . Are there any mushrooms to eat along the way? Oh by the way how long do you think it will take to travel across the woods, desert and the mountains if I cover about 10 miles a day?
Mamma Peach
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Mamma Peach »

"It's about a hundred miles of forest till you get to the mountains in the north, and another three hundred miles across the mountains by flight, I don't know how many by walking... 3, 4, 5 times as much? I don't know the dimensions or numbers of the mountain ranges between here and the human settlements so i couldn't give anything like an accurate guess. At ten miles a day it would take 10 days just to get to the mountains. I would think several months would be needed to cross the mountains, with good weather... As to mushrooms, it is not the season for them as it is summer, but I would be careful about eating them if you find them. I hear that there are chemicals in many kinds of fungi that are harmful to biologicals. They do not bother us as we can eat anything that burns, but some of the new biological pets, and even forest animals, have died from eating such food," she said.
ImageImage
Mamma Peach
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Mamma Peach »

Tom said goodbye and began hiking through the woods. Not long after he was out of sight of the konstroda he began to fade until he had left the world of Triudomhan altogether.
ImageImage