Luminos River Valley and Forest

This area contains the fertile valley of the Luminos River to the south of the Central Valley, and the vast desert area bordering on the south that was once part of the Narna Desert and the Bad Lands in old Locura. In the world split the abandoned ruins of the medieval city of Lumiere were moved from their location at the head of the river to a place on a side branch of the Luminos near where the river, mountains, and desert come together. Subsequent events led to the rebuilding of this city under the Konstroda and renaming it “Hydrobess”. Other ruins from “the Land” of old Locura may also exist in the area but are in far worse condition than Lumiere, and have not yet been unearthed. Near the head waters of the Luminos River is the hidden elven village of Aldeon.
Mamma Peach
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Luminos River Valley and Forest

Post by Mamma Peach »

Only those weren't people that he was waving to, not in the sense that he knew people. They wore clothes like people, dressed like people sometime in the Middle Ages or at a Renaissance fair, but they had metal hands, feet, faces, and whatever other parts of their bodies were showing... in fact they looked just like robots, kind of like silvery versions of C3PO from Star Wars with jaws kind of like the Iron Giant in the animated movie. The men and women were going about various kinds of work around the river, tending to farms and livestock like pigs and ducks and geese, a few cows, or carting loads of wood and other goods, while the robot children played by the banks of the river. There were robotic animals too, mostly ones that looked like metal horses without manes or tails that were doing most of the transporting, but the were also robots that looked vaguely like dogs and cats, with a few flying ones that seemed to carry messages and some that looked like very large pill bugs. Not that all of the robot people's work animals and pets were robots too. They had a number of real dogs (very wolf like) and cats, as well as pigeons and caged birds, and oxen were pulling plows and wagons too.

Soon he came to a large and fairly low bridge across the river. Nets hung over the sides to catch the salmon, and carts went back and forth over it. A well dressed robot called out to the burly fisherman bots, "Hai! Hai! Get the nets up quick before the crazy biological runs into them!" At a signal robot dogs jumped into the water, unfastening the nets from the bridge in a way that the fish were trapped inside, and the fishermen quickly pulled up the nets full of fish. Tom's raft struck one of the supporting pillars of the bridge and the bindings, already stressed by the rapids, broke and the raft started falling apart.
ImageImage
Pappa Peach

Post by Pappa Peach »

The man on the raft slipped on the last log and fell into the water. He went deep underwater and resurfaced just in time to grab one of the logs moving rapidly down with the current. He had just enough time to say " Jesus Loves You" to the robots on the shore as the current sweep him quickly down stream.
Mamma Peach
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Mamma Peach »

The robots heard "blub-blub-blub" as the man on the log popped out from under the bridge and went swiftly down the river and out of sight. "What a loon!" said the well dressed robot. "Well, get back to work!" he said to the burly fishing robots.

Soon the river was joined by another and Tom was pushed along faster by the deep water.
ImageImage
Pappa Peach

Post by Pappa Peach »

Tom very glad to be alive said a long prayer thanking the Lord Jesus Christ for His safety and protection and continued down the river on the log. After the long prayer He realized that God wanted Him to go to the ocean and build a great ship to reach other country with the message of salvation. As he swiftly when down the river he was praying and planning about building this great missionary ship.
Mamma Peach
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Mamma Peach »

Birdsong Hunter saw a cut log floating down the river with what looked like a person on it. She concentrated her vision on the distant object and saw that it was a biological life form, male presumably, and with closed eyes... in sleep mode? Maybe. The biological man was soaking wet, and probably could not survive if he fell into the water... land biologicals usually couldn't breathe under water in her experience, and if he could swim well he would not be on the log. Mother Fatryshi and Father Captain taught that they must be kind to biological people, so she must do something to save him. Birdsong quickly ran to the down the river for a better vantage point as she fixed a strong cord to an arrow. Stopping in a clear spot she fitted the arrow to her bow and drew back the bow string. She quickly accounted for the speed to the log, flow of the water, and wind sheer as she loosed the arrow, hitting the log soundly in the front. Then she slowly reeled the log in to shore, her metal arms flashing in the sunlight under her buckskin tunic beaded in porcupine quills and shell as she wound up the cord, the wind playing in the strip of animal fur bedecked in feathers fixed on her head like a mohawk. The garb of a member of the Hunter clan closely resembled that of an American Indian.

The log softly grounded on the sandy shore, and she noticed the eyes of the man were now open. "Are you all right?" she said to him. "I can make a fire for you to dry off by."
ImageImage
Pappa Peach

Post by Pappa Peach »

"I am fine and very grateful that you pulled me out of the water. I am very cold. Can you help me make a fire?"
Mamma Peach
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Mamma Peach »

"My camp is not too far," she said pointing into the woods. Like the other robots her mouth did not move when she talked. "Come with me." She began to walk into the forest and turned her head to see if he followed. "Why were you on a log in the river in the first place?" she asked.
ImageImage
Pappa Peach

Post by Pappa Peach »

Tom said, " I have been sent by God to share the good news of salvation, power and eternal life with the world.
Can you give me directions to the nearest humans"?
Mamma Peach
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Mamma Peach »

They reached a clearing with a fire pit and various animal hides strung on frames drying in the sun.

"So your god put you in the river then," she said with a slight hint of sarcasm uncovering a few coals and adding kindling to build up the fire. "I assume by 'human' you mean biologicals that are like yourself... They are about 400 miles over the mountains to the north of here. Evidentally your god doesn't consider non-humans as part of the world to be saved. Perhaps Father Captain is right..." she sighed. "We will have to atone for our own sins by our own efforts, and Lady Lien Hua was wrong about God caring for all beings with eternal souls. There is no god but our father and mother to watch over us, and they themselves are not gods but mortal beings. She was probably even wrong about the 'eternal' soul part."
ImageImage
Pappa Peach

Post by Pappa Peach »

God cares for all creation and hopes that none of his creation will be used for evil purposes. I know the nature of God and when any of His creation believes in Him what ever their purpose is, it can be nothing but a blessing, strength, and the best way for them.The Bible says that my Lord is so powerful that even the stones could call out praise to Him.